Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Just be happy

It's back to the grind today... routine, routine, routine.  There's still something I enjoy about the routine, but I'm learning to enjoy the things that aren't routine as well.  I went in a little late so that I could get the kids up and ready for school... since it was their first day back, I wanted to give Mema a little help.  I was hoping to get up early for a short run on the treadmill, but my snooze button said otherwise.  I will try again tomorrow... something off the routine, but necessary if I want to run in the Canton Marathon this year... and something I'm hoping to make a routine (at least a couple of days a week for now anyway).

I'm also adding something new to my routine.  At our church, they are doing Project 345 on YouVersion.  I have the app on my phone, but I usually only use it in church.  I decided I would try it.  So today, I read the first chapter of John.  We'll see how this goes.

After Fitness Happy Hour tonight (a part of my routine that I absolutely LOVE), I came home and went through the kids' backpacks to prepare for homework.  When I ran across this, I couldn't help but smile.  It's not often I refer to myself as 'happy'... busy, yes... stressed, yes... tired, yes... fine, yes... but not often do I respond as happy.  If only we could all learn to enjoy the simple things and just be happy more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.