It's Christmas Eve tradition to spend the afternoon/evening with Grandpa and Grandma. We eat, open presents, then we get to PLAY with all of our presents! Lots of fun!
Getting ready for Santa to come... I read two stories to the kids in bed, Twas the Night Before Christmas and The Christmas Story. Although we do make a big deal out of getting presents, I still want them to know the real reason for the holiday. And check out Aidan's letter to Santa that he had me help him write... too funny! And yes, Santa did leave each of the kids a gift under the trees they each have in their rooms.
And then the kids woke up early... Teagan actually woke up before Aidan for once. I think she does that each Christmas, but that would be about the only time! Aidan was super excited he got the ONE, and I do mean ONE, thing he asked for. Teagan got her American Girl doll, cell phone case and notebooks & pencils she asked for, but she also got the most fitting surprise, a new 4x10 gymnastics mat. And she wasted NO time putting it to good use.
As anyone who lives in Ohio knows, it's usually snowing or raining on Christmas. But this year, coincidentally the year Aidan got his new dirtbike, it was actually sunny and above freezing on not only Christmas day, but the day after too! I was so happy that Aidan got an opportunity to ride his new bike, even if it's supposed to snow and/or rain the remainder of the week!
This was Aidan's first attempt at riding his new birtbike... he hopped right on and took off!
And just so Teagan is equally represented here, I'm including a video of her playing Just Dance 3 on Christmas Eve. She and Grandma were having fun playing... when she started dancing to this song, I had to break out my phone to record because it was too darn hilarious! Her dad wasn't too happy about me sharing the video, but I will definitely want to look back and remember this... we will talk about it for years.
And since she is always the cheerleader... ALWAYS the cheerleader... I'll throw these in, too!
I hope you guys all had a wonderful Christmas, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.